Sunday, March 25, 2018

Sunday_March_25th


Quick post about my Sunday run.  

Sunday March 25th 2018

It was a nice mild partly sunny day, and I was bringing my weekly running total close to 50 miles.
Having done a run in the trails through forest and mud on Saturday I decided the hills were today's destination.  My plan was to go up to a ridge which the last two times I went up the weather was horrible and the top of the hill was shrouded in thick clouds so there was no view.
It would have been a great view this time but I wasn't able to get to the top because the snow after about 900 feet was getting quite deep and I still had a log way to go.  Wearing my Merrell Vapor Glove 2 barefoot shoe in deep snow isn't the best choice, and on top of this the sun was really bright on the snow. I've had snow blindness in the past I didn't want a repeat of the experience!

Part way up the steep part, and a view to the ocean.


This is about 6 miles into the run.  Great view of the snow dusted hills in the distance.  I ran to almost the top of the high pointed one in the middle a few weeks ago.


Further up the hill where the snow started I followed the tracks of a Coyote.  

I ran another mile and a half beyond this point but the snow got to about 6 inches deep and it was really wet stuff so I decided when I got to the junction where I could either go to a dead end forest road or up much higher to the ridge that it was a good point to turn round.  

Overall a good run for a Sunday afternoon on a really nice day in the scenic hills.
Total distance was 14.5 miles and 3000 foot elevation gain and loss.





No comments:

Post a Comment