Saturday, March 24, 2018

Indian Beach to Seaside trail run

Saturday morning trail run.

It was a damp cold morning, with some snow forecast to I decided to go along the coastal trail from Indian Beach to Seaside.  Its a 10 and a bit mile round trip with a good bit of elevation gain where it goes up and over Tillamook Head.  The temperature was about 3 degrees C so I decided because it was cold and I knew it was going to be really muddy I wore my trail shoes rather than the Merrell Vapor Gloves.

Start of the run leaving Indian Beach where I parked the car.

Up on the trail now.

Right from the start its gaining height, no time to warm up first!

A little further up the trail is a nice view point.  That is Tillamook Lighthouse in the distance.

At about 200 feet up on the side of the cliffs.

Lots of trail with roots and stuff to jump over like this over the whole run.

 Also lots of mud, this is one bit that seemed quite bad, but later on the route it got much much worse.  I was plastered in mud when I finished the whole run.  Some of it even tried to suck your shoes off... nice!

 I liked the trees here.

The first point in the run where the trail intersects anther that can either be a loop or you go all the way to Seaside, which is the way I went.  I put the camera away at this point because it was getting in my way dealing with the mud. 

Further on there was a few inches of snow, and it also started to snow through the trees again but didn't amount to much.

The elevation profile for the route.  The GPS was a bit off because of the thick trees so the distance is off where it drew straight lines.



Over all a good fun bit quite hard run.



No comments:

Post a Comment