Thursday, March 22, 2018

Neahkahnie_Mountain

March 22nd Run up Neahkahnie Mountain from Short Sands beach.

After finishing work it was time for my run.
This is a sea level to 1600 foot climb starting at the car at about 200 feet ASL, the trail drops down to sea level and then heads across a river and up through some steep switch backs heading South towards HWY 101 again.  After crossing HWY 101 the trail continues up until reaching the summit of the mountain.
Its not a long run but it's quite a hard one.  Lots of deep mud and really steep sections with exposed roots and stones.

Since it was really muddy and very slippery I didn't record or take any pictures until I got to the top.

This is looking down the last section which is a short 50 foot scramble to the top.


Me at the top.  It was cold and windy and there was a nasty storm on the way. South is behind me.

A view west across the top of the summit.



The storm was heading directly towards me so I didn't hang about up there.

Elevation profile of the run
When I got back to the car and was driving back home everything turned white with really heavy persistent hail stones.  Got down just in time!





No comments:

Post a Comment